Some people may be interested in enhancing or rejuvenating their skin but are apprehensive or hesitant to get dermal fillers. Some may think it’s a hassle, some don’t like the price, and maybe some are afraid of the needles. Wouldn’t it be nice to have a way to rejuvenate the skin without having to go to a clinic? How about a way for you to beat the signs of aging while you sleep?
If you like the sound of that, then you should consider trying out chemical peels. There are many types of chemical peels that you can use by yourself in your own home without needing to go to a clinic. These different peels have different advantages such as
- Reducing fine lines under the eyes and around the mouth
- Lightening mild to moderate wrinkles
- Fight signs of aging such caused by sun exposure and stress
- Smoothen out mild scars
- Treat acne
- Erase skin imperfections such as age spots, freckles, and dark patches
- Make your skin look and feel smoother
- Moisturizes and hydrates the skin
How do peels work?
Different peels’ ingredients have different effects. In general, peels contain a chemical solution that causes the skin’s top layer to blister or peel off, removing the majority of surface imperfections and promoting the growth of new cells in their place.
Others attract moisture into the skin and contain moisturizing or soothing properties that minimize wrinkles and make the skin look smoother and healthier.
Some peels, like salicylic acid peels, which are excellent for acne, may even be more specialized.
How do I know which peels are the best?
The best way to choose which peel to use would always be to consult a licensed dermatologist for advice, but to give an idea on the function of each peel, here’s a breakdown of some of the peels in the market:
- Fillmed Light Peel, Fillmed Time Peel, and Fillmed Bright Peel all have different formulations and concentrations of different acids in order to remove the superficial layer of the skin to remove surface-level imperfections and allow new and fresh skin to grow in its place. Filmed Time Peel and Fillmed Bright Peel are formulated for normal skin while Fillmed Light Peel is for more sensitive skin.
- Princess Skincare Hyaluronic Acid Face Mask uses the hydrating abilities of hyaluronic acid and other ingredients to help draw in moisture to the face and improve its complexion. The chemicals facilitate moisture to be absorbed by the skin, giving it a fuller, smoother look, reducing wrinkles and giving it a healthy glow.
- Princess Skincare Green Tea Face mask uses the antioxidant powers of green tea and aloe to calm and soothe skin, promoting healing and rejuvenation. It can be used on dry, stressed, and irritated skin.
- Jalupro Moisturizing Face Masks use hyaluronic acid and aloe to hydrate the skin and promote collagen synthesis. This mask is meant to combat signs of aging such as wrinkles, dulled complexion, and sagging skin. It is usually recommended as part of a Jalupro HMW filler treatment to help improve the end results.